The missile incident on the territory of Poland was not an attack – Andrzej Duda
Poland does not consider the missile incident in the village of Przewodów to be an attack on the country, but an accident.
President of Poland Andrzej Duda stated this during a briefing.
“It was not an attack on Poland, there are no signs that this missile was launched by Russia,” Duda said.
He also reported that the missile that landed on the territory of Poland was an S-300 and that it was probably a missile used by the Ukrainian forces.
Investigation of the crash site showed that the explosion was caused by a falling missile.
Andrzej Duda emphasized that Russia is to blame for this tragedy.
Prezydent @AndrzejDuda: Mamy do czynienia z nadzwyczajnymi zdarzeniami, związanymi ze zmasowanym rosyjskim atakiem na Ukrainę. Niestety, ogromna część rakiet została wystrzelona w stronę zachodniej Ukrainy. #RBN
— Kancelaria Prezydenta (@prezydentpl) November 16, 2022
Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki added that the evidence gathered and data from allies indicated that it was an accident.
As previously reported, on November 15, at 3:40 p.m local time, an explosion occurred in the village of Przewodów on the territory of an agricultural enterprise. This happened during a massive Russian attack on the territory of Ukraine.
Two people died at the scene.
Later, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland reported that the missile which landed in the territory of the country was Russian-made.
At the same time, NATO officials told CNN that all information about the missile had been collected, as a NATO aircraft was monitoring the situation in Ukraine at the time.
Even a single donation or a $1 subscription will help us contnue working and developing. Fund independent military media and have access to credible information.