The US announced a $375 million military aid package to Ukraine
The US will provide Ukraine with a new military aid package.
The U.S. DoD announced this following Joe Biden’s meeting with Volodymyr Zelensky during the G7 summit, currently being held in Hiroshima, Japan.
The list of weapons was published on the website of the U.S. Department of Defense.
Ukrainian forces will receive ammunition and equipment worth $375 million.
The capabilities in this package include:
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- Artillery rounds;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;
- Armored bridging systems;
- Armored medical treatment vehicles;
- Trucks and trailers to transport heavy equipment;
- Thermal imagery systems;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
Previously, the United States has confirmed its support to join efforts together with other countries in training Ukrainian pilots on F-16 fighter jets.
Jake Sullivan, Adviser to the President of the United States on national security, confirmed that in the following months, the United States, together with other states, will discuss when and in what amount Ukraine will receive modern Western fighter jets.
Even a single donation or a $1 subscription will help us contnue working and developing. Fund independent military media and have access to credible information.